Tuesday, February 5, 2013

I Adopted a Priest!



I know, I know, the concept of "adopting" a priest probably seems strange to most. How did I manage to "adopt" a priest you ask? I just happened to be searching online for ideas of things to do for Lent, and came across the idea of adopting a priest. What does adopting a priest entail? I've committed myself to praying daily for the priest assigned to me. I had been waiting a couple of weeks or more to receive the information on my assigned priest, so I was so happy to wake up to the email this morning! I did a bit of research on the priest assigned to me and learned that he is a cancer survivor! This is just another step in my faith journey, and thus far the most important lesson I'm learning is that it's not all about me. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment